Nevada Cure just published the latest issue of the Informational Bulletin, with among others:
- Status of Proposed Legislation On Prisons and Parole
- Formerly Incarcerated People Can Vote, and
- Check Your Voting Right Status
- A Report on the April 2019 NV-CURE and NDOC Meeting
- A Request to Prisoners with Suggestions Regarding the Grievance Procedures
- News about Hep-C and NV Hep C Class Action Lawsuit
- Prison Reform: Overpopulation: More Good Time, by a NV Prisoner
- A review of the book The Meaning of Life: The Case for Abolishing Life Sentences (The New Press, 2018), by Mark Mauer and Ashley Nellis of the Sentencing Project
(www.sentencingproject.org), a criminal justice reform organization, and a start of a discussion on abolishing Life Sentences.
“While the elimination of life sentences is not a reform that will be embraced by state legislatures in the very near future, it is heartening that there is a growing awareness of the need to reconsider the life sentence, not only in the interest of cost-effectiveness, but in the interest of becoming a more humanitarian society.”
Read our 12-page Informational Bulletin (nr 35) here, print it and send it to a prisoner whom you know will want to read it.
Nevada Cure presents our latest Nevada-Cure-Informational-Bulletin-Nr33-January2019, our 33rd!
Thank you to everyone for making this a reality.
Best wishes for the New Year!
Our Informational Bulletin nr 28 (March 2018) is available to read online here:
We need volunteers for our activities!
Also, there have been no responses from any Nevada attorneys for a potential class action for Hep C treatment in Nevada’s prisons, which offer no medical care for Hep C sufferers.
Please spread the word, get involved!
You are invited to read our latest Informational Bulletin with news and updates on Nevada Cure’s work, the prison system in Nevada, NDOC, etc. You can read and download the November issue here.
Our latest Informational Bulletin contains a trove of news, and useful ideas on Nevada’s prisons. Read it online here, where you can also download a copy and send it to a prisoner.
Nevada Cure Informational Bulletin May 2017, nr 23
Our archive of Informational Bulletins
Here is our Special Edition Informational Bulletin nr 21A (Feb. 2017) on Hep C lawsuits that went out to all NV prisoners in contact with NV-CURE regarding representation in a class action lawsuit. It was not sent to all our Members. You may download, print and send to other prisoners.
|Front part of our extra IB 21A (Feb. 2017) about a Hep C class action.